Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 am 
Offline
Maximum Funster

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 pm
Posts: 158
Discuss!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 pm 
Offline
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United States
I was gonna tell Jordan that tentacles in hentai is a fringe thing. And also there are baseball players sometimes.

_________________
you never really can tell


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm 
Offline
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Ottawa, ON
Just weighing in on Jordan's thoughts of commercials vs hosting: I think the other aspect of commercials is that most reasonable people know that actors are doing commercials for the payday and unless it's written as a explicit endorsement then the actors involved aren't necessarily shilling the product directly....even those explicitly endorsing a product (like that pimple cream, or whatever) doesn't strike me as particularly genuine or binding. Whereas when you're a host of a show and you're either talking about a product, or an ideology in some cases, I think there's a greater appearance or implication that you support the product or opinion that's being expressed. For example, I assume everyone on Fox news is a right wing nutjob....even the people brought on as dissenting left wing opinions somehow seem like right wing people acting left wing to make Fox news look better somehow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 pm 
Offline
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 160
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
On the topic of perplexing custom plates, the other day I saw a brand new Mini Cooper with the plates "GRVYBBY." The newness of the car means it couldn't have been just something someone never got around to changing--either someone picked that up recently or at some point went to the trouble of getting the custom plate re-registered to the new car. Which means over a decade after the third installment someone is still a big enough Austin Powers fan to want to tell everyone about it on the back of their car. (I suppose it's also possible that he just likes his gravy bubbly?)

Also, when I hear Jordan dissing Jesse telling being-complimented stories I can't help but think of how much hay he made off of one compliment from Tyrese.

_________________
If bears did not exist, it would be necessary to invent them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:13 pm
Posts: 444
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
HunterJE wrote:
On the topic of perplexing custom plates, the other day I saw a brand new Mini Cooper with the plates "GRVYBBY." The newness of the car means it couldn't have been just something someone never got around to changing--either someone picked that up recently or at some point went to the trouble of getting the custom plate re-registered to the new car. Which means over a decade after the third installment someone is still a big enough Austin Powers fan to want to tell everyone about it on the back of their car. (I suppose it's also possible that he just likes his gravy bubbly?)

Also, I find it ironic to hear Jordan bother Jesse about his being-complimented story given much hay he's made off of being complimented by Tyrese.


100% read that as "gravy baby." Yuck?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm 
Offline
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Ottawa, ON
Tiny Lindsay wrote:
HunterJE wrote:
On the topic of perplexing custom plates, the other day I saw a brand new Mini Cooper with the plates "GRVYBBY." The newness of the car means it couldn't have been just something someone never got around to changing--either someone picked that up recently or at some point went to the trouble of getting the custom plate re-registered to the new car. Which means over a decade after the third installment someone is still a big enough Austin Powers fan to want to tell everyone about it on the back of their car. (I suppose it's also possible that he just likes his gravy bubbly?)

Also, I find it ironic to hear Jordan bother Jesse about his being-complimented story given much hay he's made off of being complimented by Tyrese.


100% read that as "gravy baby." Yuck?


Same here...spent a solid 3 seconds worried that it was another super specific fetish group.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 pm
Posts: 56
My bet is it's a Sifl and Olly fan, pronouncing their love for the song Gravy For Baby. (Ref: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDQTRx6ATg)

_________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FuzziestKitty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 pm 
Offline
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 5
The gentleman who called in during Momentous Occasions said he overdosed on kolaches, from Czech Stop. Kolaches are one of the greatest pastries ever known, and if you ever find yourself in West, TX, you should stop in. May I suggest a Hot Chubby? (This is a real thing and oh so good!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 am 
Offline
New Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 2
Re: Mr. Momentous Occasion on I-35
The "ninja" on the overpass is Virgil Bell, prominent member of the Waco community. He doesn't have an alt country band, but during my time in Waco he would occasionally bring a washboard to play in church...so...close enough. I assure you that his presence is not a bad omen. Hope you enjoyed your kolaches, and made it safely to Austin!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am 
Offline
New Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am
Posts: 1
Hey Jessie. Is this the place?

http://www.sfweekly.com/bestof/2003/awa ... uff-28141/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/brendan-lais-ma ... -francisco

My dad studied martial arts in the panhandle park for about 30 years with Brendon Lai. I did too for a few months but got kicked out for not being serious enough (mind you I was 6). I remember going to this store too as a kid with my dad for some reason, and can confirm that it was scary inside mainly because Brendon Lai was pretty scary. I remember he stared down some junky that came in looking for nunchucks or some shit until he sleeked off. Good times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:58 am 
Offline
New Kid

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 pm
Posts: 3
There is a wonderful word for having cam sex between two people, each with their own masturbation apparatuses that mimic the other person's movements. That word is "teledildonics" (bolded, italicized and underlined so that it gets the respect it deserves).

I want to hear this word in every podcast from now on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 pm 
Offline
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:23 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Chicago, IL
Around my neighborhood I regularly see the plate SPLSH2. I like to imagine that 30 years later, someone is still rooting for a Splash sequel.

_________________
"One minute you're alive, and the next you're dead. It's like slapstick." — Dr. Katz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm 
Offline
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Ottawa, ON
Cody wrote:
Around my neighborhood I regularly see the plate SPLSH2. I like to imagine that 30 years later, someone is still rooting for a Splash sequel.


Excuuuuuse me, there already was a sequel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splash,_Too - this person was obviously Greg Antonacci, the director of Splash Too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 6331
Location: Los Angeles, CA
dubbfoolio wrote:
Hey Jessie. Is this the place?

http://www.sfweekly.com/bestof/2003/awa ... uff-28141/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/brendan-lais-ma ... -francisco

My dad studied martial arts in the panhandle park for about 30 years with Brendon Lai. I did too for a few months but got kicked out for not being serious enough (mind you I was 6). I remember going to this store too as a kid with my dad for some reason, and can confirm that it was scary inside mainly because Brendon Lai was pretty scary. I remember he stared down some junky that came in looking for nunchucks or some shit until he sleeked off. Good times.


I think this is the spot, someone sent it to me on Twitter, too. It was definitely in another location, though, on the other side of 16th street.

_________________
The bums will always lose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
Offline
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 am
Posts: 160
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
I just realized - this was the first episode of the new year, and we didn't get a new mantra to replace Immortal Power Plug It In....

_________________
If bears did not exist, it would be necessary to invent them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group