It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 am 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I was gonna tell Jordan that tentacles in hentai is a fringe thing. And also there are baseball players sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Just weighing in on Jordan's thoughts of commercials vs hosting: I think the other aspect of commercials is that most reasonable people know that actors are doing commercials for the payday and unless it's written as a explicit endorsement then the actors involved aren't necessarily shilling the product directly....even those explicitly endorsing a product (like that pimple cream, or whatever) doesn't strike me as particularly genuine or binding. Whereas when you're a host of a show and you're either talking about a product, or an ideology in some cases, I think there's a greater appearance or implication that you support the product or opinion that's being expressed. For example, I assume everyone on Fox news is a right wing nutjob....even the people brought on as dissenting left wing opinions somehow seem like right wing people acting left wing to make Fox news look better somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

On the topic of perplexing custom plates, the other day I saw a brand new Mini Cooper with the plates "GRVYBBY." The newness of the car means it couldn't have been just something someone never got around to changing--either someone picked that up recently or at some point went to the trouble of getting the custom plate re-registered to the new car. Which means over a decade after the third installment someone is still a big enough Austin Powers fan to want to tell everyone about it on the back of their car. (I suppose it's also possible that he just likes his gravy bubbly?)

Also, when I hear Jordan dissing Jesse telling being-complimented stories I can't help but think of how much hay he made off of one compliment from Tyrese.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

HunterJE wrote:
On the topic of perplexing custom plates, the other day I saw a brand new Mini Cooper with the plates "GRVYBBY." The newness of the car means it couldn't have been just something someone never got around to changing--either someone picked that up recently or at some point went to the trouble of getting the custom plate re-registered to the new car. Which means over a decade after the third installment someone is still a big enough Austin Powers fan to want to tell everyone about it on the back of their car. (I suppose it's also possible that he just likes his gravy bubbly?)

Also, I find it ironic to hear Jordan bother Jesse about his being-complimented story given much hay he's made off of being complimented by Tyrese.

100% read that as "gravy baby." Yuck?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Tiny Lindsay wrote:
HunterJE wrote:

Also, I find it ironic to hear Jordan bother Jesse about his being-complimented story given much hay he's made off of being complimented by Tyrese.

100% read that as "gravy baby." Yuck?

Same here...spent a solid 3 seconds worried that it was another super specific fetish group.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

My bet is it's a Sifl and Olly fan, pronouncing their love for the song Gravy For Baby. (Ref: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDQTRx6ATg)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 pm 

The gentleman who called in during Momentous Occasions said he overdosed on kolaches, from Czech Stop. Kolaches are one of the greatest pastries ever known, and if you ever find yourself in West, TX, you should stop in. May I suggest a Hot Chubby? (This is a real thing and oh so good!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 am 
New Kid

Re: Mr. Momentous Occasion on I-35
The "ninja" on the overpass is Virgil Bell, prominent member of the Waco community. He doesn't have an alt country band, but during my time in Waco he would occasionally bring a washboard to play in church...so...close enough. I assure you that his presence is not a bad omen. Hope you enjoyed your kolaches, and made it safely to Austin!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am 
New Kid

Hey Jessie. Is this the place?

http://www.sfweekly.com/bestof/2003/awa ... uff-28141/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/brendan-lais-ma ... -francisco

My dad studied martial arts in the panhandle park for about 30 years with Brendon Lai. I did too for a few months but got kicked out for not being serious enough (mind you I was 6). I remember going to this store too as a kid with my dad for some reason, and can confirm that it was scary inside mainly because Brendon Lai was pretty scary. I remember he stared down some junky that came in looking for nunchucks or some shit until he sleeked off. Good times.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:58 am 
New Kid

There is a wonderful word for having cam sex between two people, each with their own masturbation apparatuses that mimic the other person's movements. That word is "teledildonics" (bolded, italicized and underlined so that it gets the respect it deserves).

I want to hear this word in every podcast from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Around my neighborhood I regularly see the plate SPLSH2. I like to imagine that 30 years later, someone is still rooting for a Splash sequel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Cody wrote:
Around my neighborhood I regularly see the plate SPLSH2. I like to imagine that 30 years later, someone is still rooting for a Splash sequel.

Excuuuuuse me, there already was a sequel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splash,_Too - this person was obviously Greg Antonacci, the director of Splash Too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

dubbfoolio wrote:
Hey Jessie. Is this the place?

http://www.sfweekly.com/bestof/2003/awa ... uff-28141/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/brendan-lais-ma ... -francisco

My dad studied martial arts in the panhandle park for about 30 years with Brendon Lai. I did too for a few months but got kicked out for not being serious enough (mind you I was 6). I remember going to this store too as a kid with my dad for some reason, and can confirm that it was scary inside mainly because Brendon Lai was pretty scary. I remember he stared down some junky that came in looking for nunchucks or some shit until he sleeked off. Good times.

I think this is the spot, someone sent it to me on Twitter, too. It was definitely in another location, though, on the other side of 16th street.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I just realized - this was the first episode of the new year, and we didn't get a new mantra to replace Immortal Power Plug It In....