It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 pm 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

Action Items:

Buy your battleship tickets!
Buy your SF Sketchfest tickets
• Create some awesome 2014 theme artwork!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:07 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:42 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

How is it possible that Ice-T's kid's rap name isn't "Iced Coco"?

-- quote from Plato stolen from Donna Tartt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

The eagle on the Mexican flag is eating the serpent. That's how the Aztecs knew where to build Tenochtitlan. Our serpent and eagle are working in concert to defeat their foes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:21 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

This is my first attempt but I'm not quite satisfied so I'll prob make another at some point.

The End

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am 
New Kid

Let's get some wagon talk going on in here. I'm hoping the new car is a new to you used 1991 volvo 740.

Jesse, as important as keeping buttery knucks is have you tried anything from taylor of old bond street? They make a wonderful sandalwood deodorant and can imagine their other products are just as exceptional.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:10 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I hate to be that guy, but Hester Prynne is a Scarlet Letter reference, not a Crucible reference...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 am 
New Kid

Trying to think of how I'll illustrate this year's theme, but in the meantime here's a quick sketch I did of Jordan and Jesse. Quiiick. Meaning, forgive issues such as Jesse's black hole hellmouth.

I have a few other Etch-a-Sketches at instagram.com/whydub, but this is my first Max Fun related one.

Attachments:
jjgo small.jpeg
jjgo small.jpeg [ 183.69 KiB | Viewed 840 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:35 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Thank you for drawing the connection between Northern State and the phenomenon of, "hey - I'm white and affluent; time to move to Williamsburg, (because Brooklyn is an 'urban' backdrop,) and become a joke rapper. Six figure record deal please!" They were the worst, and they clearly had no point of reference other than the Beastie Boys, in terms of rap. They hadn't even bothered to learn about black rappers. Like Jesse said,
I'm sure they're nice ladies, but wow - that's some shitty rappin'! Compared to them, Aesop Rock is fuckin Slick Rick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:12 am 
New Kid

As I was listening to the slogan suggestions on this episode, my immediate reaction when I heard "Quiet Desperation" was: perfect. My 30 years of life experience made this slogan immediately resonate. But, as I continued to listen to Jesse explain the purpose of a slogan- to inspire you to reach for the horizon, to help you focus on your goals, to help you crush the obstacles in your path- I began to change my mind.

Sure, 2013 was a year in which I made no discernible progress emotionally, professionally, or financially; sure my crippling student loan debt forces me to inhabit a rung on the socio-economic ladder many rungs below the one enjoyed by those in my income, education, and age bracket; sure, I have to live in Connecticut. But maybe I was looking at things the wrong way. 2013 saw some small accomplishments... I got a new car (a '94 Accord that is still better than the old car with head lights, tail lights, and hood held down with duct tape); I started running 25 miles a week and even though it is the least enjoyable "hobby" in the world, I guess it's good for me; I went to the dentist. And 2014 had started off with a significant accomplishment- I got a real grown-up phone with a real grown-up phone plan. No more no-contract, fake-android for me. Maybe I did need a powerful, obstacle crushing slogan after all.

And then, just before the slogan was revealed, I walked out of the gym and discovered that while I was being all healthy and running, my "new" '94 Accord had been broken into and my beautiful grown up phone stolen, along with my wallet, to punish me for my hubris. I didn't get to hear the new slogan, but as I stood in the blowing snow of Winter Storm Janus, giving my statement to the police officer, I knew that my slogan would continue to be "Quiet Desperation."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

whydub wrote:
Trying to think of how I'll illustrate this year's theme, but in the meantime here's a quick sketch I did of Jordan and Jesse. Quiiick. Meaning, forgive issues such as Jesse's black hole hellmouth.

I have a few other Etch-a-Sketches at instagram.com/whydub, but this is my first Max Fun related one.

This is ridiculous! Well done!

And regarding "Flight of the raptor" ... I feel compelled to mention that "raptor" can can also refer to a dinosaur or a fighter jet. Both of which are also very formidable when flying through the air.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

If the forum ever updates I vote up the option to upvote posts. So I may fulfill my dreams to like/+1/thumbs-up/upvote posts like Whydub and Xyloart's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:01 pm 
New Kid

Bucho wrote:
If the forum ever updates I vote up the option to upvote posts. So I may fulfill my dreams to like/+1/thumbs-up/upvote posts like Whydub and Xyloart's.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 am 
New Kid

This is the second episode with Dave Horwitz where they discuss consuming a scented body product. It really has made my life better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:23 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I made a better one with MOAR DEDICATION

The End