Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 pm 
Staff

Wes brings the case against his friend Adam. He says Adam is too eager to lay on the horn when he sees bad driving. Adam says he's just practicing defensive driving. Who's right?

Judge John Hodgman Episode 149: Honk If You Love Justice

Post subject: Honk Justice
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 pm 
New Kid

Winnie the Pooh has "Pooh" because Winnie the Pooh is supposed to mimick the town the owner is from. The owner was from "Winnipeg". There's a festival here every year sponsored by, you guessed it, Disney. Our local childrens hospital joined in and has a "Bear Repair" Day a week later. Another city in our province of Manitoba, is the "Polar" bear capital of the earth. Its called "Churchill". We live in a bear market in Manitoba.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:41 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I was listening to the podcast yesterday in my car and actually had to honk at someone for bad driving. They decided to change lanes without signalling and pulled in front of me in the left lane on a two lane highway. It's been a while since I've honked at someone on the highway. I don't have a problem with honking at someone that deserves it, but I do pick and choose even when it's call for. I'm always afraid that someone will panic and slam on their brakes.

On that same highway about a year ago I had a person tailgating me for a few miles in the right lane. The speed limit on that stretch is 65 and I was going the speed limit if not faster, but this person was about a car length behind me and making me uncomfortable. A few minutes later I had to apply my brakes because someone about five or six car lengths in front of me decided they wanted to go 55. I heard a screech behind me and glanced in the rear view to see the tailgater hitting the guard rail. When I tapped my brakes to slow down they had slammed theirs and their car slid into the guard rail. Thankfully they were they only car involved. No honking, but a tailgater got their comeuppance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:01 pm 
New Kid

This episode was the first one I listened to where I could appreciate the references. I was listening to the podcast while going through the intersection after the Wendy's. It's not a huge distance at all, but too long to honk through.

Yes, Marblehead has a lot of trees close to the road, and many streets don't have curbs, plus there's conservation land. Welcome to wealthy New England suburbia.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I know the stretch of road near the Wendy's in Salem. It's tricky driving. During the day it's like a video game with pedistrians randomly darting out into the road, double and triple parked cars, car doors swinging open and bicyclist in the middle of the road. It's madness. And at night you might come across skateboarders who will flip you off for harshing on their mellow. The discription of the flip off was perfectly described. Really captured my hometown's spirit.

Drive safe people!