Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:34 pm 
Talent!
Talent!

Hey! Episode 5 is now up. Alex Brown Church talks about the Sea Wolf song "Kasper" and how he only recently learned to trust his instincts.

Take a listen, and maybe discuss your view of perfectionism! I'd love to know — do you think perfectionists are the worst? Do they have it right? Are the only people who think perfectionism is the wrong way to create are those who are too lazy to actually make something perfect? Is it 4:30am right now? Have I been typing rhetorical questions into a yellow box and perhaps no one will read them? LET'S FIND OUT:

http://www.maximumfun.org/song-exploder/sea-wolf-kasper

Thanks!
Hrishi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I read those words Hrishi, but the episode is downloading right now so I haven't listened yet and therefore cannot answer them in the context of the episode. Yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:44 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Good times. You can barely hear the bassline in the final mix (or maybe it's my crapola earphones) but I like it especially a lot.

And when I was writing a lot I never had problems with perfectionism, probably because my sensibility was most inspired first by blues and then by punk. At least, I didn't tinker with sound as much as your guests, but I did work a lot on arrangements and details of rhythm and melody. Sometimes maybe even too much.

Loving this show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:36 pm 
New Kid

Bucho wrote:
Good times. You can barely hear the bassline in the final mix (or maybe it's my crapola earphones) but I like it especially a lot.

And when I was writing a lot I never had problems with perfectionism, probably because my sensibility was most inspired first by blues and then by punk. At least, I didn't tinker with sound as much as your guests, but I did work a lot on arrangements and details of rhythm and melody. Sometimes maybe even too much.

Loving this show.

I agree with you on the bassline. I thought it was awesome isolated and was seriously disappointed to barely hear it in the mix. And I have good headphones.

I like the wide open sound of the song in general, but maybe the bass could have been tightened and pumped up a bit. But what do I know? It's still a cool song.