Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:35 pm 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:52 pm 
New Kid

Recently did the same social media purge as Jordan. I had a falling out with some friends on Twitter & unfollowed/blocked several IRL friends. Was tired of #smokedope hashtags, inside jokes, & not being invited to hangouts. I didn't delete the apps, but I turned off the notifications. It's helped somewhat, but I work on a laptop, so I am opening Twitter & Facebook every 10 minutes. I'm glad to hear Jordan kicked the habit, though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:37 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

It was women's lacrosse that caused the flip-flop kerfuffle. A girl from my high school played for Northwestern when it happened, which is why I remember that this was a thing.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nat ... lops_x.htm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 pm 
New Kid

Anyone know the machines/creatures from Return of Oz that Jesse was describing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

mullacc wrote:
Anyone know the machines/creatures from Return of Oz that Jesse was describing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:32 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Are we really at the point in the world where carrying around a book just feels wrong? I mean I can understand it in like a really restauranty restaurant, but people do still read physical books.

But, Jordan, if you're that self-conscious about books, that is what Kindles are for, and Kindles are pretty great.

This is my internet
These are my twits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:02 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

They were supposed to represent the attendants and squeaky rolling beds at the asylum she was in, right??? D:

The End

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:02 pm 
Talent!
Talent!

Dandy Fellow wrote:
Are we really at the point in the world where carrying around a book just feels wrong? I mean I can understand it in like a really restauranty restaurant, but people do still read physical books.

But, Jordan, if you're that self-conscious about books, that is what Kindles are for, and Kindles are pretty great.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I'm TOTALLY one of those "I love the heft of real books and turning down the pages and writing in the margins" people. Will I look back on this preference as silly in a few years? Also, I think the best decoration in a house is a nice bookshelf with some variety on it.

I've actually gotten so bold as to read comics at bars once in awhile. Not "graphic novels" either, like a stack of floppies. It's really fun once I get over my embarrassment and someone almost always comes over to ask about them which is alternately fun and annoying.

www.youtube.com/user/JordanMorris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:28 pm 
Maximum Funster

Listening to lots of US podcasts from the UK, one of the language things that really used to grate was hearing 'super' as an adverb - 'super funny', 'super creepy' etc. BUT, you've ground me down and I'm going to publically come out and use it here for the first time.

Hearing Jordan and Jesse as the supermodels was SUPER funny.

Also when Jordan said his alternative to looking at his phone was '...imagine something, maybe look out a window.' and Rachel went 'Eurrrgh!'. That was super funny too.

Hey, I like this!

Oh wait, is it adverb?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:26 am 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Has anyone been able to get the Harrys promo code to work? It seems like a neat product.

Also, is the weekly list of podcast sponsors no longer being updated?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 am 
Maximum Funster

We're looking into the Harry's issue and we'll let you guys know what's happening soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jordan wrote:
Dandy Fellow wrote:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I'm TOTALLY one of those "I love the heft of real books and turning down the pages and writing in the margins" people. Will I look back on this preference as silly in a few years? Also, I think the best decoration in a house is a nice bookshelf with some variety on it.

I've actually gotten so bold as to read comics at bars once in awhile. Not "graphic novels" either, like a stack of floppies. It's really fun once I get over my embarrassment and someone almost always comes over to ask about them which is alternately fun and annoying.

I'm TOTALLY not one of those "Everybody spends too much time looking at their phones" people, but I still think it's a far cooler look to be reading a book or a magazine or a paper or a comic than a phone. As much as I'm all for the Star Trek future coming true at present there is an un-shakeably desperate vibe about people who're spending a significant amount of time messing with their phone, because I automatically assume they're all suffering from that social media desperation you were suffering from, whereas reading old school print malarkey seems way laid back in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 pm 
New Kid

brian wrote:
We're looking into the Harry's issue and we'll let you guys know what's happening soon!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if you have tried to use the Harry's JJGo code and it didn't work. We just heard back about how to get that free 4-pack of razor blades. You need to add the 4-pack of "Harry's Blades" to your cart first, input the "JJGO" code, and then you'll get those blades for free. They offer a few different pack sizes (4, 8, 12, 16) so make sure you click the 4 option. You also need to be a new customer. I just tested it out and it worked, but please feel free to email me at jennifer@maximumfun.org if you continue to have any issues with this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:39 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I was just talking to my mom about Return to Oz a couple weeks ago because my brother is reading the books to my 4-year-old nephew. I think I was about 10 when I saw the movie and it creeped me out to no end. I think I've blocked most of it from my memory, but weren't there characters that had been turned to stone and had their heads stolen? Traumatizing!!!