Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm 
Staff

Check out Jesse's conversation with the most famous drag queen in the world. RuPaul will talk about being inspired by Bugs Bunny and Monty Python, and about his time in Atlanta's underground music scene. Then Terry Crews of Brooklyn Nine-Nine will join us. Find out how he went from a stint in the NFL to a career in the arts and entertainment. Plus, LA Times' book critic Carolyn Kellogg will share the memoir of a former TV repairman who wants to live forever. And what do you do when your parents keep telling you to check out a TV show that you definitely DON'T want to check out? The brothers of My Brother My Brother and Me will offer their EXPERT OPINION. Lastly, Jesse will share what he calls the best hip-hop album ever recorded.

Bullseye with Jesse Thorn: RuPaul and Terry Crews

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

That outshot was a thing of beauty, Jesse. Illmatic is a great album, and I feel like for all the gains hip hop has made in "mainstream" culture, Illmatic is still an album that never gets the recognition it deserves in the greater pop culture (even though in hip hop, it's basically just a given that Illmatic is one of the greatest things ever.) But it's a transcendent album that really needs to be up there with the most important albums in popular music history, not just hip hop history.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:13 pm 
Diamond Friendship Circle
Diamond Friendship Circle

That was a great episode. I would now like Jesse and RuPaul to just talk about clothes for an hour.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

What a pair of charming and delightful gentlemen! Jesse, I think the thing I appreciate most about Bullseye is the effort you make to book guests who are not necessarily on every other show. I assume that some of it started with figuring out who you could book in the early Sound of Young America days; but I also have seen you put out requests for suggested guests who are female and/or non-white, and I can only imagine the effort that goes into such thoughtful booking decisions. Just one of many reasons I became a Max Fun donor! Thank you.

And, yes, an hour of fashion talk with Ru would be amazing!