Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:38 pm 
Staff

Kevin insists that his best friend Ross abandon his daily routine and small-town life and visit him in the city once in awhile.

Judge John Hodgman Episode 154: Visitation Rights

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 am 
New Kid

can not WAIT for the [correctly spelt version of] "potentialzlibestkunztonergislechtechcaresabsliecht" t shirt!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:44 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I have strong feelings about proper parking lot procedure. The ideal situation is, of course, finding the best, closest possible spot. That's the dream, and it's worth one drive around the lot to realize it. If that doesn't happen, it is a driver's duty to take a decent available spot and walk for 20 dang seconds of their life. Drivers who instead continue to wander the lanes and rage at the world are just clogging things up for everyone else and wasting time that won't be made up by any walking time saved.

A supporting anecdote: A couple months ago, I sat for four to five minutes behind a car that was waiting for a spot to be vacated, despite the fact that it was so close to said spot that the car it was waiting for could not physically leave. Even I was too far along to take the spot if I'd wanted to and there was a whole line of vehicles behind us. Had this person been more amenable to settling for a second-best spot, we all could have parked and walked into the theater long before they finally moved on having accomplished nothing. This is an extreme example, of course, but I hope you see what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:08 pm 
New Kid

I don't get the Carson McCullers/Anne of Green Gables reference. Can someone explain?