Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 pm 
Staff

Biz and Theresa try to figure out how our childhood memories and images of moms fit -- or don't -- with how we see ourselves now that we're moms. There's a good chance we're over-thinking it. Plus, Biz discovers that the kindergarten playground may be one step away from a prison yard and Theresa makes parenting look easy. We speak with Deborah Feingold who has photographed everyone from Bono to Clinton, about her new book Music, a collection of her most iconic images, and she lays some serious mom-insight bombs on us that may be the answers to all our over-thinking.

Episode 70: Mom in the Mirror

How is the way you see yourself now different from the way you saw parents (or adults, if you're not a parent) when you were a child?

Have your kids ever eaten rocks? Any other fun discoveries can we look forward to in Kindergarten?

What about "making parenting look easy" -- is that the greatest compliment ever or a terrible way of perpetuating the idea of supermoms?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:07 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Oh my God, the eating rocks story. I was crying with laughter on my morning commute.

I felt so jealous listening to you guys talk about your wonderful moms. My mom was not the most stable (mental illness, lots of moves, no money ever) and my parenting is really informed by trying to NOT be like her as much as possible.