Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 pm 
Staff

This week David Wain makes the successful leap from cultiest-of-cult comedy to the mainstream multiplex – and keeps things super funny. Correspondent Jordan Morris ranks all of the things in America because we told him to. Plus, the AV Club offers some of their all-time favorite culture picks, and Jesse talks about his JAM -- DJ Quik's Pitch In Ona Party.

Bullseye with Jesse Thorn: The AV Club, Director David Wain, Jordan Ranks America

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Great show, but I noticed the audio briefly cuts out before the start of Jordan Ranks America. Did this happen to anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm 
Staff

Thanks, it looks like this a volume edit mistake in the podcast version. It should be fixed with a new version in about an hour.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 am 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

This show really episode really does summarize everything MaxFun related. It was really precious moment hearing Jesse say "I have a hard time taking someone seriously who doesn't get Wet Hot American Summer."

I've owned The State DVD box set for years and have not watched it yet out of fear that it will not hold up. I like just knowing I own it on DVD. Does it hold up?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 am 
Talent!
Talent!

Zombiebabies wrote:
This show really episode really does summarize everything MaxFun related. It was really precious moment hearing Jesse say "I have a hard time taking someone seriously who doesn't get Wet Hot American Summer."

I've owned The State DVD box set for years and have not watched it yet out of fear that it will not hold up. I like just knowing I own it on DVD. Does it hold up?

Yep. It's still pretty hilarious. Sometimes it's more silly than it is funny, but still tons of laughs.

www.youtube.com/user/JordanMorris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jordan wrote:
Zombiebabies wrote:

Yep. It's still pretty hilarious. Sometimes it's more silly than it is funny, but still tons of laughs.

I never watched The State when it was on and watched through the series on Netflix instant last year. It didn't feel dated to me at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 am 
New Kid

I also have a song that never fails to put me in a good mood: "Rock & Roll" by The Velvet Underground. My music collection contains several "alternate" recordings, but I always come back to the original Loaded version.