Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Throwing Shade General
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:17 am 
New Kid

Hi MaxFun users! I thought it might be easier to keep all TS discussions on one thread, rather than by episode. Easier for me, that is.

Glad you like the show and thanks for the warm welcome!

Erin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 am 
New Kid

TS20:SXSW, AZ Birth Control, Invisible Children, Corporal Punishment, San Diego Gay Pride

After being separated by SXSW and a family visit, Bryan and Erin reunite to talk birth control battles in tan capital Arizona, where Invisible Children are getting their money, Florida schools and their antiquated views on corporal punishment, and San Diego Pride arrests. Feel it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:43 pm 
New Kid

What is the song that plays in between segments of the show? I am obsessed with it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

feathermeat wrote:
What is the song that plays in between segments of the show? I am obsessed with it!

Second.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

The "Chkk-chkk" at the end of the role play fucking destroyed me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

MaxFun Drive is the only pledge drive I look forward to! I can't wait to hear what fantastic premiums the MaxFun folks come up with this year and will gladly renew or probably increase my monthly donation especially now that Maximum Fun has ANOTHER great show for me to listen to (i.e. you two hilarious guys). So don't worry, you WILL receive my money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Throwing Shade: Now More Than Ever.

Really enjoyed episode 20. I'm surprised you all don't get angrier than you do during these podcasts, given the subject matter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 pm 
Diamond Friendship Circle
Diamond Friendship Circle

Just started listening last night and I'm already through the first five episodes. The last time I got pulled into a podcast so quickly was when MBMBaM signed on last year, so this was a pretty great pick to join MaxFun. I'm enjoying how Bryan both says funny things and says things funny, and I may be developing a podcast-crush on Erin, which is probably not an entirely uncommon occurance for listeners.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 am 
Site Admin

For those working on podcast crushes, a little insider info: Bryan and Erin are LOOKERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 am 
Jesse's Golden Eagles
Jesse's Golden Eagles

The "insistence" gags in Throwing Shade remind me a lot of Citizen Radio. In a good way!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:42 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Also, PSA for anyone in LA: if you have a chance to see The A List at the UCB, do it. I got to go this fall when I was visiting for work and it's hilarious. It's dramatic readings of actual dialogue from the television program the A List, featuring Bryan as 2 of the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jesse wrote:
For those working on podcast crushes, a little insider info: Bryan and Erin are LOOKERS!

Fuck yeah they are. On a side note, the first picture I ever saw of Bryan was when he and Erin were doing a UCB show and had super, super orange spray tans (or makeup?). For some reason, even though I knew that it was makeup, I just assumed that was his natural skin tone for a pretty long time and didn't understand when I saw a picture of him sans makeup. As it turns out, he's handsome either way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jesse wrote:

I just looked up their pictures on Google and I instantly resented them. WHAT ARE YOU DOING PODCASTING? YOU ARE TOO ATTRACTIVE FOR THIS.

I'll still listen to your show because it's great, but instead of imagining what you actually look like, I'll just imagine your voices coming out of Image instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Uhhh, Throwing Shade is like the answer to my dreams. I'm so mad I didn't know about it sooner, and so happy it's been added to the MaxFun lineup. I've been getting frustrated with some of my favorite comedy podcasts lately because comics so frequently make sexist/homophobic/other -ist and -phobic jokes. Jokes is jokes, and maybe it's an issue of oversaturation (I need to cut back on my podcast listening), but that stuff gets OLD. It's great to hear comedians address issues head-on and still be funny as hell. Erin and Bryan are the perfect combo of hilarious and eloquent (and filthy).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 am 
New Kid

Hi everyone! The song is called "Wall of Pop Sound" and is from the APM library. It's a song made for use in grocery stores and reality shows!

Regarding the tan photo question, Bryan and I do a "fake" entertainment news show at UCB Theater in LA called "Entertainment Hollywood" every month. If you think we sound like idiots on TS, you ain't see nuthin' till you've seen "Entertainment Hollywood". Next show is April 29th at 9:30PM and we'll be giving away free tickets once we get closer to the show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next