Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 pm 
Staff

Unsung soul maverick Swamp Dogg reflects on his long and storied recording career, with hits ranging from R&B, to psychedelic to country. John Mulaney debuts a second stand-up comedy special and continues his meteoric rise. Plus, Alex Zalben and Brian Heater offer up their recent comic book recommendations, a new Kasper Hauser News Update and Jesse shares his pick for the best live recording ever.

Bullseye with Jesse Thorn: Swamp Dogg, John Mulaney, Comic Book Picks, and Kasper Hauser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Goddamn do I love John Mulaney.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:08 pm 
New Kid

The Swamp Dogg interview was really interesting. I love all sorts of music, and can't believe I've never heard of him before. Everything that was played during the interview sounded really great and fun. I'll be looking to buy something from him.

Also I'm always waiting for the official voice over guy at the end of the podcast to mispronounce Public Radio International.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

The Swamp Dogg songs were a huge treat. All the work of editing them in was totally worth it. I'm finding that the high energy of the go team song is perfect for the spirit of Bullseye, but it has a tinny, cacophonous sound in my earbuds (not unlike the electric guitar version of the TSoYA theme song). Alternate mixes? I'm really enjoying the comedy sketches in the middle of episodes - back when segments downloaded separately it would feel like a lot of fuss for something so short and low-key, but they add a nice variety in the flow of the program.