It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 pm 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Few things are as funny to me as calling babies 'assholes.' Every parent understands. It's just something you need to do every once in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I can't imagine anyone expects you to refrain from petting a puppy, especially one that's right next to you. I mean we're only freaking human here

The End

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Jordan - I have similar ball-related issues in my kung fu class. I've been taking kung fu for 7 years and love it, but there are certain exercises and stuff we do that are treacherous to the ball region. And I too wear snug boxer briefs. The conclusion I've come to, (though I've been slow to implement it,) is that I need an athletic supporter, (not to be confused with a cup,) because, at least for me, it's more an issue of holding the balls in place than protecting it from the type of high impact injury Jesse spoke of.

The funny thing is that most of my male classmates are probably already using them. But I, having cut gym class for much of jr. high, did not receive the lecture from the gym teacher as to why one needs one of these things and so I had no idea what they were for until I started having these issues.

Also, if you're paired up with a female classmate for a certain exercise, (and I sometimes am,) she may not fully understand the fragility of that region and may try to do things that can injure you. In such a scenario, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "hey, it hurts me when you do that; please stop."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Funnily enough, hatha yoga was designed for people with balls -- women weren't even allowed to do yoga until fairly recently in history. My instructor always used to tell older folks, "The reason this is uncomfortable for you is because this was designed for 12-year-old boys to do" (so maybe they weren't really developed balls, but balls nonetheless.) Jordan, you have to speak up about your balls next time somebody is crushing them. Yoga instructors are not very prudish about bodies and body things. They're in touch with bodies. They will understand!

Okay, quick poll: hands up who else knows that Addams Family song parody? I had never heard that one before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:34 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

lydia_may_crowe wrote:
Okay, quick poll: hands up who else knows that Addams Family song parody? I had never heard that one before.

Not me, although things were certainly extra confused with Jordan asserting there were no lyrics to the Addams Family at all. I was certain there were, but I didn't know the one's Jesse was referencing - not realizing they were a parody - so started to think maybe Jordan was right. Quite the discussion. It should have made for terrible listening, but it didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 pm 
New Kid

Playground variations on television theme songs were particularly rife in the '70s for '60s series songs appealing to children (oddly enough)...though "Whistle While You Work" seemed to be the setting for calumnifying Hitler and Mussolini ("...now it doesn't work..."), and that or "Jingle Bells" for variations of the Batman song Jessie alludes to ("...Robin laid an egg..."), as Matt Groening has noted in a few of his LIFE IN HELL cartoons over the years. As gastrointestinal as THE ADDAMS FAMILY theme re-working was (it's THE MUNSTERS who had the lyrics-free theme, surf guitar and all), the DANIEL BOONE rework was much more tasteless (the version I'd hear in Connecticut in the early '70s was charmlessly racist).

I hope Raphael and Morris were mostly jerking your chain, Jesse...to be genuinely unaware of such a folkloric treasure-trove in this video age just seems too terrible to consider...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Get a Under Armor boxer-jock. Basically a spandex boxer brief, but also designed to act like a jock strap. Get the spandex one, and not the all mesh one.

If you prefer another sporting goods manufacturer, go with that one. The Under Armor seems to last longest for me. Definitely stay away from the Target equivilant.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jesse, your pitch is my command.
Attachment:
gomez.jpg
gomez.jpg [ 62.6 KiB | Viewed 3206 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:45 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

This episode was a freaking delight - how could anything with JDR involved not be? - but the last 7-10 minutes with the Addams Family jag had me in stitches. Actual tears on my face from laughing so hard first at the pitch then at Jordan and June's reactions to it then to Jesse's indignance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 am 
New Kid

Jesse, I am fairly certain you didn't take the bus to one of your proms because I seem to recall driving you to one of your proms. I believe it was your junior prom and it was me, you, Amber, Trinity, Luby and Jasmine. I drove us in my 85' Dodge Omni - a fairly beat-up hatchback - and we drove down to the pier where the prom was being held on a big boat. I don't think the boat actually ever left the pier though. That's my recollection anyways.

Also, the real Addams Family theme song is something like: "They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky/ They're all together ooky, the Addams Family..."

-Rhys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:28 am 
Site Admin

Hah, that sounds about right to me, Rhys. I did go to two other proms, though. I think my girlfriend (now known as Mrs. Thorn) drove us to the senior prom, and I took a cab to the junior prom. That boat would have been my sophomore year, when Trinity was a senior.

ISN'T EVERYONE HAVING FUN REMINISCING ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL WITH US?!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

They really are a screum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Just a minute, guys. Are we sure we aren't getting this confused with this delightful MC Hammer tune from the '90s motion picture?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:01 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

The problem isn't tighter or looser boxers Jordan, it's the fact that you are wearing clothes at all. Maybe you should try some naked yoga.

Also, do NOT google / bing "naked yoga Vimeo" unless you want to see various naked people with 70's grooming and creepy breathing exercises. Don't ask me how I found that out.