Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:23 pm 
New Kid

Ben brings the case against his wife Jenna. They wed and moved in together a few years ago, and have yet to come to an agreement on their morning routine. Jenna isn't really an early-riser, and prefers to get as much sleep as she can before getting out of bed. Ben believes in a schedule that allows them plenty of time to wake up and prepare for the day. How should they model their mornings? Only one man can decide.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm 
New Sincericist

Not a great case, I kept getting confused as to what both parties were asking for. Did like the reversals in the ruling though!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I was astounded by Judge Hodgman's ruling in the John v. Robbie "kitch Canadiana" case. It seems absurd to me that John vetoing Score: A Hockey Musical would cost Robbie a credit. If anything, John should have had to cash in one of HIS credits to be able to veto a choice! The ruling seemed to fly in the face of the more nuanced rulings re: forcing someone else to like the entertainment you like that His Honor was developing during the Split Screen Decision and Gavelbangers Ball, among others.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 pm 
New Kid

How do you make it to age 26 without seeing Do the Right Thing?

The constant failure to identify the immediate summary judgment cultural references is the most frustrating part of the show!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 am 
New Kid

I loved the Scharpling impression so much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:44 pm 
New Sincericist

dicebourbon wrote:
I loved the Scharpling impression so much.

Agreed! That was hilarious!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Worst ruling ever, even after its double-revers-o. The nice-guy Canadian has to wake himself up without an alarm, then is counted on by his wife to wake her up after she sleeps through her alarm, and then he's the one worrying about being ill-prepared for his morning meeting. I don't believe his eagerness to wake his partner up early is spiteful or punitive - unless his agreeable demeanor was just a mask over his truly angry, passive-aggressive relationship??? Nah. I mean, let the girl sleep in til 7:45, but let the guy set his alarm earlier!

Love the show! Just, ya know, wonder if anyone else feels the same way?? :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 pm 
New Kid

Interesting ruling.. I'm surprised their bedtime wasn't addressed. If she has that much trouble getting to sleep, why not start earlier? I have to go to bed earlier than my husband and while it's not my favorite thing in the world it's a lot easier to get up in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Kuakuakua wrote:
unless his agreeable demeanor was just a mask over his truly angry, passive-aggressive relationship

CANADIAN agreeable demeanor can mask anything.

Great ruling by the way. Everyone seems to forget that only one man can decide.

(It's Hodgman. Hodgman is the one man.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I know I'm late on this, but I have one item that may make the couple's life easier: the Shake-N-Wake.

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Vibrating- ... B0027A573Q

It's an alarm that vibrates to wake the wearer up and doesn't disturb the other person in the bed. (It's also great for people who are hearing impaired.) My then-boyfriend (now fiance) bought this for me because I have to wake up much earlier than he does, and he was being disturbed by the alarm on my cell phone going off. He generally has a pretty hard time getting back to sleep after he wakes up for the first time, and although he sometimes still wakes up when I get up, since it's not a loud, startling noise, he can get back to sleep easily. I've been using it for over a year and it's been great. The picture on the site shows a person wearing it on her wrist, but I put mine on my ankle.

So, husband in this case: get a Shake-n-Wake. You can wake up as crazy early as you like without disturbing your wife, and then she can use the audio alarm to wake up at an appropriate hour. No fighting over a time that works for both people. Everybody wins!