It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:24 am 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Ghost Rider 2 does include in the DVD extras clips from scenes with Nic Cage in full make up. You can not over sell how bonkers Ghost Rider 2 is.

Jason Mantzoukas has altered me. Out of curiosity which do you think is a better cleanser: the blue water comb jar at a barber shop or the blue spray bottle used to wipe down machines at the gym?

http://nullifries.tumblr.com/post/98784 ... in-weekend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

No Spice Girls-related questions for Donna? WTF? You could've asked her if there was any hostility between Ginger and the others. You could've asked whether what they really, really want is, in fact, zig-a-zig uhhh. What a missed opportunity!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 am 
New Sincericist

I think this is my new favorite episode. Donna was an utter delight and I was super happy that Mantzoukas seemed to play off her in an awesome way. I get the feeling other guests might have steamrolled her out of the segment entirely.

Also it was revealed that Donna was fencing with Dick Cavett. Kickstarter video?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I have been waiting for Mantzoukas. First he had his own podcast with two former guests, then he showed up on a couple of other podcasts (check him out on Pete Holmes' You Made It Weird). Now it has happened.

The best.

Now, when is Pete Holmes coming on?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:51 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Zombiebabies wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 does include in the DVD extras clips from scenes with Nic Cage in full make up. You can not over sell how bonkers Ghost Rider 2 is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYN1Lg6sMTA#t=104s

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I love the enthusiasm that Jason brings to everything he does....anytime he uses the word 'bonkers' on his podcast it makes me smile. People really need to listen to Jesse's appearance on How Did This Get Made from last week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Also, as a Canadian, I love that Mark Tewksbury got referred to as a vampire....and then endlessly compared to Woody Harrelson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I agree, having Jason Mantzoukas on was amazing. He is so fun to listen to on How Did This Get Made (HDTGM). Somehow, my podcast listenings have synced up and I have listened to Jason on Comedy Bang Bang, You Made It Weird, HDTGM, and now JJGO.

I really like HDTGM because they don't rip apart movies in a mean-spirited way (as Jason said). Even when they have people from the very movies they are reviewing, it never becomes hateful or extremely awkward. Like when they had Greg Sestero from The Room or Lexi Alexander, the director of Punisher: War Zone. It's not very often you get to speak to the director as you are glorying in the ridiculousness of their movie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

aliceandstuff wrote:
Donna was an utter delight and I was super happy that Mantzoukas seemed to play off her in an awesome way. I get the feeling other guests might have steamrolled her out of the segment entirely.

Jason Mantzoukas has chemistry with everyone! Whenever he's on Comedy Bang! Bang! it takes the thing to a whole 'nother level.

But... has no JJGo guest ever listened to the program?! Everyone's always surprised by the concept of the modern pentathlon and Maximum Gun! Maybe they're just playing dumb rather than forcing Jesse to fill in "those who might not know."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Second post in a row SORRY BUT @spiderman223 started following me today in seemingly a huge burst of following new people - at least 15, based on the new @MaxFunHQ account being on his list as more recently followed than me.

Maybe this post will be less obnoxious if I tell everyone they should follow @MaxFunHQ.

Maybe it will be more obnoxious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Best episode of all time! I always find Jason Mantzoukas to be a delight, but I was especially stoked to hear about Donna's Olympics experience (and secretly wished the new Max Fun podcast would be something akin to "Donna's Training").

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

FYI, the podcast that Donna was talking about with mind over body and the giant marshmallow was the Radiolab episode "Limits":

http://www.radiolab.org/2010/apr/05/

Radiolab is generally fantastic and this is one of the best episodes. It works really well as an introduction to Radiolab and i've used it to get a lot of my runner/fitness friends hooked on the show. Earlier this year, i saw the documentary Bicycle Dreams, which much of this episode was based. It was good and worth watching, but not essential viewing unlike the podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

They should do an episode of How Did This Get Made on Pentathlon with Donna as the guest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Cait wrote:
Best episode of all time! I always find Jason Mantzoukas to be a delight, but I was especially stoked to hear about Donna's Olympics experience (and secretly wished the new Max Fun podcast would be something akin to "Donna's Training").

Donna was a great guest and in her little voice she held her own:) Can we get a play by play after she argues her thesis?