It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm 
Maximum Funster

Discuss!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

To the best of my knowledge, I am not a koala bear. But... maybe?

For more context of my "more powerful than ever" - defeating sleepiness was definitely a part of it! But what I didn't mention was that the sunrise was the first part of me turning the day off I had for my birthday into The Best Day Possible. I defeated the urge to sleep in and mope around all day (having felt unreasonably crappy for a while beforehand) into a day where I just did every awesome thing I could think of. Including: post-sunrise early morning hike, free breakfast at Denny's, bowling practice, playing with kittens at the animal shelter, watching new Doctor Who episodes, and going out for food and drinks with my best friends.

Even if there were no tangible obstacles, I still feel like I defeated the day pretty soundly. And I feel pretty powerful for having done so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:08 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Man, I sympathize with this airline nonsense! I think the only airlines I can rely on not to screw with me are Southwest & Virgin. They seem to be staffed with humans who haven't been ground to dust yet. It's amazing what giving even the slightest of shits about your employees will do for their demeanor. And letting them actually do something to make things better for the traveller.

Oh, and here's that thing about "Hollywood Court":
http://culturemob.com/is-j-coles-hollyw ... in-hip-hop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:21 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I think I might be the only human who loves flying. I dislike the security line. And I was recently on a plane sitting near someone with a bad case of gas. But aside from that? Bring on the flights. Love that stuff.

But maybe I just don't fly often enough to have all these bad experiences that people have. Or maybe it's just that I'm usually flying in smaller, less hectic airports.

Also, I have never been on a plane with TVs. What kind of flight do you have to be on to get this? Are they just on longer flights? Are they just on fancier airlines?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:25 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I used to like flying and then my Dad moved to FL and now I hate flying. JetBlue has made it slightly more tolerable but I still practically had a sympathy panic attack listening to Jordan's story.

The End

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm 
New Sincericist

I just turned 28 and when I got to Jesse explaining how 27 is your best year I was all FUCK.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 am 

Jordan's airplane story really stressed me out. Trying really hard, the best thing I can about airport is attendants is that is easier care not at all than just a little bit to get through their work week.

I had no idea people didn't consider T3 canon... (edit) ...I liked the b-level quality of T3 and season 2 of TSCC had a lot of redeeming qualities.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 am 
New Kid

As requested.

Full Size Version

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 am 

My experience is that the legacy carriers (American, United, Delta, etc.) have nothing but contempt for flyers, with the possible exception of people flying first class.

Southwest, on the other hand, have been nothing but decent to me, even when they can't accommodate my request. They've even re-opened boarding and let me on the plane on a couple of occasions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I've only flown in the American airport system a few times and every time it has been a nightmare. The one benefit I've had is the solidarity that comes with being part of a group of a couple hundred people being fucked over. Jordan was miserably alone in most of his torture.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Zombiebabies wrote:
Jordan's airplane story really stressed me out.

Me too! I felt genuinely distressed for him. It's awful feeling so powerless in that kind of urgent situation.
Flying in the US has never worked out for me. The worst example was being stranded overnight in Boston, a city I know no one in, and wasn't even supposed to touch down in. Whenever I fly within Canada or internationally anywhere but the US, I've had mild inconveniences at worst. Flying in the States? Always terrible. As much as I'm looking forward to MaxFunEast at the end of the week, American flights are stressing me out!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

So I've never heard Jasper Redd before and I have just one question: how does he not have a regular voice acting gig? Someone from Bob's Burgers needs to hire him ASAP.

-- quote from Plato stolen from Donna Tartt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

ArthurBarnhouse wrote:
So I've never heard Jasper Redd before and I have just one question: how does he not have a regular voice acting gig? Someone from Bob's Burgers needs to hire him ASAP.

AGREED! He should be hired for his laugh alone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

A broader question: How is Jasper not a very famous man? He is one of the funniest people there is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:57 pm 

I love Jordan's ability to make things instantly cute with the addition of a couple small details (e.g. the image of the passport sitting in the seat with a little drink and a little blanket).