Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm 
Talent!
Talent!

Sex and death are the two most powerful primal forces in life, friends, so it's time we sit down and have a frank, overdue discussion about the two. Only, not at the same time. Because, gross.

Suggested talking points: Gift Registry, Today Show Slash Fic, Burnin' Rubber, Get Busy Child, Shitty Iron Man, Food Incentive, Down The Sexual Oubliette

Episode 128 MP3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Again with the juggler hate? I thought you brothers were enlightened? Normally, I wouldn't care about such slander, but to say you prefer Juggalos?

How can you prefer people who routinely get top 10 most violent attack lists made out of them and have an extensive record of criminal activity over one of the most ancient performing arts?

To reiterate, here are a few phrases that have never been uttered:

* Uh oh, honey, let's cross the street. I don't want to be savaged by that juggler coming our way.
* Did you hear about Donny? He had his face eaten off by a juggler.
* Do you know what would make this birthday party more fun? People murdering us.

So fine, hate on jugglers. We can take it. But at least stand up for human decency and reject the Juggalo menance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Cerin wrote:
Again with the juggler hate? I thought you brothers were enlightened? Normally, I wouldn't care about such slander, but to say you prefer Juggalos?

How can you prefer people who routinely get top 10 most violent attack lists made out of them and have an extensive record of criminal activity over one of the most ancient performing arts?

To reiterate, here are a few phrases that have never been uttered:

* Uh oh, honey, let's cross the street. I don't want to be savaged by that juggler coming our way.
* Did you hear about Donny? He had his face eaten off by a juggler.
* Do you know what would make this birthday party more fun? People murdering us.

So fine, hate on jugglers. We can take it. But at least stand up for human decency and reject the Juggalo menance.

For the record, I was once menaced by a juggler. True story.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:05 pm 
New Kid

The Throwing Shade sign off was extra appropriate after all of the death talk in this weeks ep.

Also, what was the episode that caused juggler outrage?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Jugglers steal thousands of jobs every day from hard-working Americans. I don't have the statistics on hand for this, but I feel like it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

nscranor wrote:
Jugglers steal thousands of jobs every day from hard-working Americans. I don't have the statistics on hand for this, but I feel like it's true.

This is just more anti-juggler propaganda. Jugglers are job creators. Who do you think drives production of balls, clubs, bean bags and other juggling related paraphernalia?

Jugglers are often an invisible minority, unseen, quietly practicing their arts behind closed doors. This is done not out of shame, but so they're not attacked by Juggalos.

Since jugglers are nearly indistinquishable from non-jugglers, you may be unaware of their proximity. They may very well be someone close to you. A friend. A relative. Maybe even a spouse. Well, ok, probably not a spouse. You'd have to be blind not to see that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:37 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

It feels like the past month or so, MBMBAM has been teetering on the edge. Every week I fear it's going to be the last episode, but the upshot is that whatever mindset the brothers have been in recently, the results are INCREDIBLE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Patrick Ripoll wrote:
It feels like the past month or so, MBMBAM has been teetering on the edge. Every week I fear it's going to be the last episode, but the upshot is that whatever mindset the brothers have been in recently, the results are INCREDIBLE.

Whoa. I was coming to post this exact thing. There's definitely a different energy to the shows recently.

"... how do humans apprehend that unquestionably aboriginal new music and beats?" -spambot #2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm 
New Sincericist

You guys do seem to be asking "is this funny?" a lot lately. To answer: Yes. It is always funny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Cerin wrote:
This is just more anti-juggler propaganda. Jugglers are job creators. Who do you think drives production of balls, clubs, bean bags and other juggling related paraphernalia?

Jugglers are often an invisible minority, unseen, quietly practicing their arts behind closed doors. This is done not out of shame, but so they're not attacked by Juggalos.

Since jugglers are nearly indistinquishable from non-jugglers, you may be unaware of their proximity. They may very well be someone close to you. A friend. A relative. Maybe even a spouse. Well, ok, probably not a spouse. You'd have to be blind not to see that.

The only juggler I know is the one who juggles bowling pins in the basketball court of the gym I go to. I'm not going to say he's worse than Hitler, but he's certainly worse than, say, Pol Pot.

-- quote from Plato stolen from Donna Tartt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:58 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

ArthurBarnhouse wrote:
Cerin wrote:

The only juggler I know is the one who juggles bowling pins in the basketball court of the gym I go to. I'm not going to say he's worse than Hitler, but he's certainly worse than, say, Pol Pot.

Fun fact: Both Hitler and Pol Pot were Juggalos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:00 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

aliceandstuff wrote:
You guys do seem to be asking "is this funny?" a lot lately. To answer: Yes. It is always funny.

I second this. It's one of the few things I look forward to on Mondays. Just live your lives and have fun with it and you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

aliceandstuff wrote:

Yup. This. Alice is wise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

aliceandstuff wrote:

Unfunny things are also made funny when you question whether they are funny or not.