A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:40 pm 
Talent!
Talent!

Hey kids!

The first of our two Holiday Stories episodes is out today. (The first was last year. The second is out today, Christmas Eve 2012. The third comes out on New Years Eve 2012.)

Here it is!
http://risk-show.com/podcast/holiday-stories-2/

It's chock full of funny, sad, hopeful and sometimes inappropriate Yuletide stories from wonderful folks like Elna Baker, Michele Carlo, Steve Spatucci, Scott Whitehair and a brilliant young RISK! fan named Christine who came to share her powerful red state/blue state family story with us at the last RISK! live show in NYC.

Racism, motherly love, first kisses, murder, trickery, toys, faith, forgiveness and friendship abound in Holiday Stories 2.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 pm 
New Kid

Just wanted to give a heads up - the two holiday shows arent showing up on the Risk show blog here on MaxFun. Had to go to the Risk-show site to download them.

Secondly, I have to say I am a recent convert to the show and have found it to be one of the most engaging shows I have every listened to. I had been complaining to my wife not a week before learning about Risk that all of the podcasts out there - And other forms of media, for that matter - seem to have this caution when discussing topics. They will broach something really interesting, then pull back immediately. Or they will mention something that I find interesting, then go on for 15 minutes about "Why would anyone ever want to do this?". It all felt very "Judgy" to me, especially when my first reaction to pretty much every new idea, topic, experience, food, etc is "Bring it on!" I never understood why people were so disgusted at the thought, for example, of being in an open relationship, or eating bugs, or going on a trip to a remote area with no plans or thoughts of what to do when you get there. These are all things I would, and have, embraced and I have found to make my life more interesting and more fulfilled. The thought that others would judge someone based off of the willingness to try new things and to share those experiences with the world just bothered the hell out of me. I dont want to hear about how "weird" furries are. I want to hear about it - preferably from someone who has taken part in that lifestyle! I want to hear about the real, human experiences that we all have - or maybe only a few of us have. And that is why I absolutely fell in love with your podcast. It really means a lot to know that out there there are more people who enjoy taking life head on, experiencing it to the fullest, and sharing those experiences with others.

I am an Athiest, and I believe that the point of life is simply to experience it to its fullest. To have stories you take with you as you age, and can pass on to others. One thing that really bothers me is the thought of laying in a hospital bed, when I am old and near death, and wondering to myself, "I wonder what it feels like to _____". And it is this sort of philosophy that has made this podcast to important to me.

To sum it up - Thank you for everything you do to make this happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am 
Talent!
Talent!

Thank you so much Kermit. It so happens that I am a theist, and I pray every freaking day that someday, someone big in the press understands the show the way you do.

For now, the appreciation of the fans is everything to us. It really does keep us going on. In our fourth year now, we still don't know if we'll go totally broke a couple months from now. But we're going to just keep keeping on. And it's people like you sharing what you shared that fuels us.