Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Ben brings this week's case against his girlfriend Sara. Ben and Sara work at the same firm, and they have been dating for three months. Both agree the relationship is going well, but one small detail stands in the way of total domestic bliss -- their relationship remains a secret among their work friends. Ben wants to share the news with their co-workers, claiming he is proud of their relationship and doesn't want to hide it anymore. Sara believes their professionalism may be called into question. She further claims the secretive nature of their romance adds elements of fun and excitement. Should Ben and Sara keep their romance under wraps? Or is it time to lay it all out on the table? Judge John Hodgman decides.

Special thanks to guest bailiff Scott Adsit for keeping order in the court this week. He can be seen on NBC's 30 Rock on Thursday nights or on stage with fellow 30 Rock actor John Lutz in the UCB New York show John and Scott. Scott also has an Off-Broadway improv show in the works called Stolen House.

Judge John Hodgman Episode 91: Coming Out of the Supply Closet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
New Kid

I loved this one, very saucy and secretive. Was it recorded back when Scott did his previous guest spot, but now released because they finally came clean to their co-workers?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 am 
New Kid

Chickenhawk wrote:
Was it recorded back when Scott did his previous guest spot, but now released because they finally came clean to their co-workers?

I'm guessing it was, given that they didn't do the 'So what are you up to these days, Scott' bit. And so, I am VERY disappointed that no one used the intervening months to procure a copy of the 'Deck' presentation mentioned in the podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm 
Staff

I am sorry that we did not request a copy of the "deck", but you can find some saucy photos linked at the blogpost.

http://maximumfun.org/judge-john-hodgma ... ply-closet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm 
New Kid

It sounded like Ben and Sara weren't there when the Judge read his verdict. Was that added after the original session?

I figured that the point would be moot once the episode was released. I loved Judge Hodgman's decision not to release the podcast until after the relationship was revealed to the office. That also explained why Guest Bailiff Scott Adsit was back.