Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

A listener bcc'ed me on this email he sent to his local station. I shared with with NPR and they said it was particularly great - "honest, direct and clear."
Quote:
Dear Mr. Knight,

For the last two years, since moving to Northeast Texas and working at Texas A&M University – Commerce, I have been an avid KETR listener. The mix of local and national programing and has been fantastic, and you are by far the best news source for local information. I am writing to you today asking you to consider adding Bullseye with Jesse Thorn to your programing lineup.

Bullseye features reviews and interviews with arts and entertainment personalities from comic books and hip hop to stand-up comedy, film, television, and literature and more. Mr. Thorn introduces his audience to a fantastic mix of culture, both high and low, and I always come away with a deeper appreciation for artists with which I am already familiar, as well as a laundry list of people to check out for the first time.

I really think Bullseye would fit well KETRs current lineup of shows, and starting in April Bullseye with Jesse Thorn will be distributed by NPR. I would encourage you to check them out, here is its about page: http://www.maximumfun.org/about-bullseye and a recent episode I found particularly great was their February 12th show which featured interviews with George Saunders and Maria Bamford. I realize that programing at a public radio station is all about getting the most bang for your buck, and Bulleye has that in spades.

Thanks for taking the time and for all you do to make KETR great,