Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: new guy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
New Kid

Hey people...
Ian here currently enjoying a dead end position as a manufacturing tech at a software company. The only way I can handle the day to day horror that is my life is by discovering pod-casts thanks for a few fellow co workers. Ive had a Iphone for years before working here and never got into the podcast's before. It was suggested for me to check out WTF, TWIT, and JJGO. Im currently enjoying the back catalog of the entire Max Fun roster. I live in Ct and just got married 2 months ago. Im awaiting to hear back about a application from a waste treatment plant. Thats right im trying to leave my cushy air conditioned job to work at a sh*t plant. Anyways nice to meet everyone and thank god for the max fun podcast's to brighten up my dull and dead end job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:26 am 
New Kid

Hello! I'm Lynna, 28, from Minneapolis, MN. I'm an office monkey but I make a better personal assistant. I think I listened to TSYOA long before I listened to any other MaxFun podcast because iTunes recommended it to me many years ago because I like This American Life (but honestly, who doesn't?)

I think my favorite childhood memory has something to do with faking it through a show choir routine in 2nd grade, after all of my friends who were also in show choir got kicked out for skipping rehearsals (which I also skipped, I was 7). Also, not knowing how to run up an escalator going the wrong way while downtown on a show choir performance field trip. I was stuck in that perpetual loop for what felt like hours but was probably only 5 minutes.

P.S. You can blame me for the miracle fruit debacle, my plant has since died.

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:41 pm 
New Kid

I'm Jessy, a listener from Zürich, Switzerland (I've enjoyed Jesse's description of his visit to my country).
I'm in San Francisco while my husband does his visiting scholar thing at Stanford and while we wait to be chosen for an open adoption.
I'm working as a freelance translator and copy-editor and trying to find ways to distract myself while waiting to be chosen.

Post subject: Howdy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 am 
New Kid

Hi Max Funsters,
I'm a fan newly relocated to Austin, TX. I've been a listener to JJGo for about a year, but I only now got around to getting on the message board. I'll keep an eye out for any Austin events.

Ad astra!

Sierra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 am 
New Kid

Hey folks!

I'm Brandon and I'm new to the board. I've been listening to Max Fun since Judge John Hodgman appeared last November. I've been catching up on all the other Max Fun podcasts since. I'm from NH and work for the government, but love all things comedy, film, theatre, pro wrestling and everything else in between. I'm glad to be part of the board with all the other Max Funsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:33 am 
New Kid

Hey all! Curtis from Northampton, Massachusetts here. Been listening for a while, and have been building a desire to join the community for an additional while now. Here I am!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:06 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Hi, I am George in cause you wanted to make sure. I am 24 and like in cape cod Massachusetts. Currently I have a horrible dead end job at a medical software company, but I am soon moving to LA to pursue some sort of comedy career.

I heard about TSOYA from Josh and Chuck from Stuff You Should know talking about Judge John Hodgman, and then started listening to JJGO

“He couldn’t have been more pleasant about it” -Jesse Thorn

Post subject: Re: Howdy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:11 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

paleoarch wrote:
Hi Max Funsters,
I'm a fan newly relocated to Austin, TX. I've been a listener to JJGo for about a year, but I only now got around to getting on the message board. I'll keep an eye out for any Austin events.

Ad astra!

Sierra

I like your user name. Are you an archaeologist?

"... how do humans apprehend that unquestionably aboriginal new music and beats?" -spambot #2

Post subject: hey i'm a guy here.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:46 am 
New Kid

I'm Ben.

I think I found JJGo and TSOYA via Marc Maron's podcast.

Anyway, I live in Los Angeles and am currently a commercial photographer. I'm other kinds of photographers too, but my day job is boring commercial-type stuff (which does, however, leave plenty of time for podcasting)

Hi everybody.

Post subject: Hey it's me
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:07 pm 
New Kid

Hey I'm Kirsten (pronounced "keer-stin" like Kirsten Dunst).

I'm 35 and I live in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. Yes, I actually live IN Colonial Williamsburg. I work for the Foundation, and employees can live in the historic area. My house is near the employee parking lot so while I am drinking coffee in the morning I see Thomas Jefferson leaning up against his minivan listening to the radio.

I am an art conservator and architectural paint analyst. I mostly work alone so I have all day to listen to podcasts, which are pretty much 80% MaxFun.
I started listening to SPY a few months ago as it was listed on the itunes employee faves. It was the first podcast I ever listened to. Now I am crazy about SPY and especially MBMBaM. I also love JJGo, You Look Nice Today, and of course, Judge John Hodgman. I hardly even listen to music on mu ipod anymore!

I am new here and don't know many people. Drop me a message if you are nearby, I would love to meet some MaxFun fans.

Peas,
Kirsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I say that we're now the #1 podcast in Colonial Williamsburg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:20 pm 
New Kid

Hi! I'm Ben.

I'm a 24-year-old Digital Producer, and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am a comedy and podcast nerd and found MaxFun via discussion of other podcasts I already listen to (Comedy Bang Bang, WTF etc).

I work for the largest company in Australia, and I run their news website. I love my job, but there's a lot of sitting around waiting for something to go wrong - enter podcasts.

I'm also planning on starting stand-up comedy and I am about to launch a comedy website of my own (www.bon-vivant.com.au) which will feature comedic fiction, essays, comedy news, podcasts etc from the Australian comedy community.

Anywho, nice to meet you all.

Post subject: Hey there, Max Fun!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Hello everybody, I'm Blake.

I'm 28, in love with my fiancee Brie, and we live in Oakland with our English Bulldog, Gemma. I play drums for a post-rock band called Broken Cities, and play drums & sing for a minimalist blues-metal band called Battle of Serenity Valley.

I found Max Fun after finally getting around to listening to podcasts this August. I'd never listened to 'em before, and I asked my bandmates for some suggestions.

One of them suggested Judge John Hodgman and from there I jumped to JJGo! and Stop Podcasting Yourself.

I'm currently working my way through the JJGo! back-catalog, just finished Episode 86 today.

Jesse, I was the one who tweeted that sometimes you sound like a less-albino Pete White. Then you tweeted me back saying I should check out your TSOYA interview with Jackson Publick.

Not the pithiest of introductions, but I'm working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Hi!

My name is Mark. I'm 25, I've been married for almost 3 years and I have a delightful 15 month old son named Liam who walked for the first time about an hour ago.

I live in Morwell, a reasonably small town in Victoria, Australia and I work for the Department of Human Services (specifically in the area of Disability Services). My job is mostly administrative and doesn't require me to interact with people all that much, hence my interest in podcasts.

I'm a fairly new listener to JJGo, JJH and TSOYA, probably about 3 months. I discovered them after hearing Jesse and Jordan as guests on a number of other podcasts. I've been listening to JJGo in a strange order. First I downloaded a bunch of episodes with guests that I was familiar with, then of course I realised that Jordan and Jesse were both hilarious in their own right regardless of the guest. So after listening to about 70 or 80 random episodes, I've gone back to the beginning and I'm now about 40 episodes in.

Very happy to be a new Max Funster,
Mark

P.S. - MaxFunCon sounds like such a goddamn awesome thing and it really sucks that I live in another country and will likely never get the chance to attend.

Post subject: Yo, MaxFunsters!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:49 am 
New Kid

Hello, my name is Philip, I'm 29yo and I am from the great state Indiana, well it's a state anyway. I work third shift at a hospital and I coordinate stuff. I'm not entirely certain what this means, but I get paid on a regular basis. I dabble in graphic/industrial design and with any luck will finish school,change the world, or make neato logos, or design a better iPad case. I am a tweeters junkie and if you want to read my nonsense, help criticize conservatives, and see my huge RT's then follow me @philipalanoneal. I've been a TSOYA & JJGO listener since I discovered podcast technology back in 2007 or 2008. Recently CBB and JJH have been in the rotation, along with WTF and some Nerdist stuff. I'm here on the forums to glean class, sophistication, and style from you all, as well as learn about some fly hip-hop jams.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 59  Next