Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

luvrhino wrote:

I'm bringing Diet Coke, but that's more my own personal drinking problem.

That's intriguing. Especially because MFC 1 was surprisingly boozy and frequently lacking any alternatives.

A bunch of odd soft drinks to share, from a Rocket Fizz perhaps, might be fun. But I'll probably forget 'til I'm halfway up the mountain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Last year there was an issue with the soft drinks; the people who brought them in from the car put them in the wrong place, and the Lake Arrowhead folks didn't know they were there, which is why they weren't available much of the time. It'll be corrected this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm 
New Kid

For vegetarians: bring some backup protein. The kitchen staff last year were of the opinion that simply taking the meat out of carnivorous dishes made for a good vegetarian diet. This is understandable, but I found myself wishing for some beans or chickpeas or tofu as an available option, and my companion and I starving as others raved about their meals. I will be bringing Cliff Bars to smooth out the edges this time, other vegetarians may want to do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm 
New Kid

> I will be bringing Cliff Bars to smooth out the edges this time, other vegetarians may want to do the same.

I'm not even vegetarian and I'll be doing this because regular mealtimes tend to not jibe with my regular hunger times and there's nothing worse than getting into some big old fussy-nerd-discussion with someone and then realizing that you're just being picky because you're HUNGRY. Also because I drink too much coffee at these things. See me for extra protein bars.

Bring a fuzzy hat if it's chilly outside. Moisturizer is good for dry skin caused by too much of the Big Blue Room. Also sunglasses. Also indoor shoes if you schlep around outside and just want something comfy for inside.

In the interests of nametag permanence I encourage people to bring their favorite nametag from the most recent conference they were at. We can all take turns printing and pasting each others' photos onto them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 am 
New Kid

In the interests of nametag permanence I encourage people to bring their favorite nametag from the most recent conference they were at. We can all take turns printing and pasting each others' photos onto them.[/quote]

That is a swell idea! I have an old work nametag I could just wear, I assume other people do too, though I can't even explain why I still have mine. I swear I am not an aspiring Chinese Food Hostess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:50 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

10 Day Weather Forecast

It's basically 70°/40° everyday and sunny. It's around 50° at 10:00 pm, which is the end of the standing up comedy Saturday night. 45° at midnight (the approx. end of the Friday night campfire).