Maximum Fun Forum

A Forum About Things That Are Awesome
Return to Maximumfun.org Home
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm 
Talent!
Talent!

After a two-week absence which we assume was as horrifying for you as it was for us, we return with an episode chock-full of pope jokes and doin' it humor. Sometimes in the same breath. It's good to be back.

Suggested talking points: Papal Exploratory Council, High School Subtraction, Subway Spy, Suds Buds, Red Band Trailer, Giant Eagle

Episode 140 MP3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 pm 
New Kid

An excellent show all around. Solid goof ratio and it's spawned a lot of new product ideas that are now a'swirlin around in my head. Anyone here happen to be a graphic designer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

The Giant Eagle talk made me think of this place...even more terrifying then a giant eagle

http://gianttiger.com/gt/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:58 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

Yay, they answered my question! (I'm the brace-faced teacher.) I should have asked for more brace-specific advice. I'm so scared of breaking so many brackets while gnawin' on something I shouldn't be. They fix three for free, but my friend said she broke one FLOSSING too hard! What are these things made out of? 17th-century manuscripts?

Anyway, I'm totally going to pull that "sit in a desk until the students start wondering where the teacher is and then jump up" maneuver. That sounds amazing.

Oh yeah, and to answer the question about why I HAVE to get braces, I did tell the dentist I didn't care if it was just aesthetic - but she said leaving my teeth like they were could cause long-term health problems. So yeah. It's not a teeth-growing-into-my-brain situation, but it is a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

lydia_may_crowe wrote:
Yay, they answered my question! (I'm the brace-faced teacher.) I should have asked for more brace-specific advice. I'm so scared of breaking so many brackets while gnawin' on something I shouldn't be. They fix three for free, but my friend said she broke one FLOSSING too hard! What are these things made out of? 17th-century manuscripts?

I had braces for a couple of years in my younger days and never broke a bracket. Just don't eat things like corn on the cob or gum and don't floss like a crazy person.

During the grocery store goof the "Ah fuck. Lookin' good, capers" really caught me off guard and I started laughing out loud at work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

Let's try to think of more MBMBaM themed homebrew names. I was hoping for My Brewer, My Brewer and Me. I'm sure there's other jokes that could be made involving warrior cats, horses, ghosts, and whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm 
Diamond Friendship Circle
Diamond Friendship Circle

Peepum's Nastybeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I might just relabel all my beers Dad Fuel until someone brews the genuine item.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

I almost never post here, but I feel compelled to post about this because I feel very strongly about it.

You guys.

Organize your grocery list according to how the store is laid out.

I make my list in "quadrants": 1. Produce and deli; 2. Cans, ethnic and organic, cereal, etc.; 3. Dairy and frozen; 4. Pet food, alcohol, personal care items, etc. While I'm menu planning, I add ingredients to the appropriate section. This might sound like a hassle but it takes no more time than writing a regular list (assuming you do menu plan, which, I'm with Justin, it's the best). My husband and I are in and out of the store in 15 minutes, without splitting up.