PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 pm 
New Kid

Hey, thanks Jesse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 am 
New Kid

You tweeted:
Quote:
The more I read your replies to my Dr. Who tweet, the clearer it becomes: I will disappoint you.

Not so. I loved the discussion about Doctor Who being or not being a children's show. Because I'm a die-hard-supernerd-Whovian, there wasn't a lot here that I didn't already know about, but it was of course a great listen because the three of them are so charming (as are you).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:28 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

Good interview, how did you manage to land them?

I'm not surprised that you asked about the bow tie, but I was impressed how much you were able to get out of that line of questioning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 am 
Site Admin

BBC America's folks are actually familiar with the show. Helps, I think, that they're in NY. They actually pitched it to me, which is very rare for TSOYA guests. The BBCA folks have always been nice, since the KZSC days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 am 
New Kid

I was delighted and not at all surprised that the conversation turned to things sartorial. It takes particular skill to use the root word "goof" twice in one hyphenate. Bravo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 am 
Diamond Friendship Circle

I'd be very curious to see what the Neo-meats-Jack-Sparrow outfit looked like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 am 
New Kid

Great stuff. Also, one of the weirdest crossovers between shows I like that I could imagine.
Solid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm 

Jesse wrote:
BBC America's folks are actually familiar with the show. Helps, I think, that they're in NY. They actually pitched it to me, which is very rare for TSOYA guests. The BBCA folks have always been nice, since the KZSC days.

I'm super excited to listen to this soon. I just kinda got into the show recently, as friends were watching and I got roped in since I wanted to see the ones from out of town. This should be at just the right amount of Dr. Who understanding for me (I've watched the new one's premiere and am now going back through the revival's seasons).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:27 pm 

re-listening on the podcast feed to get the tweed talk that the radio feed appears to have missed.

Listening to Steven Moffat, you can really hear the parts of his brain/manner where the Coupling character "Jeff" came from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 pm 
Maximum Funster

Listening to the interview, I was kind of curious how familiar with the show Jesse was, and was glad he addressed it. I really enjoyed the interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm 
New Sincericist

'There's a Christmas special on!' Daleks or Cybermen then? Dr Who never just used to be about the Daleks and the Cybers? It was about nothing. It was half an hour of mind numbing tedium but you watched the one about them being trapped in an arcarde game and the one about the slug thing and the one about Kroll just because once every three years the Daleks would pop up and EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Now it seems that the Dr can't go for a piss without finding a Dalek in there before him, Cyberman banging on the cubicle door telling it to hurry up.

They've opened the Pandora's Box of the parallel universe too. Killed all the Daleks at the end of last season? Ran out of stories for this? Bring 'em back FROM A PARALLEL UNIVERSE! Can't close it now. Of course they can fly all of a sudden, they always could (except when they couldn't see Tom Baker taunt one from a sky-light) and why can't they just not bypass Cardiff on their route to total domination?

Isn't the rest of the universe enough? Why can they defeat the galaxy hands down but come unstuck as soon as they hit CF1? C'mon, if they are going to come back time and time again let's at least meet them on their ground once in a while. Fairs fair. Why don't they mention Davros anymore? They couldn't fart without his permission once?

The BBC can't let him go now. They've built it up too much now. Plus they've shelled out on 1,000 cybermen outfits.

They're not free.

Sorry - meant to say - Good interview though. You knew more about Dr Who than they did I think1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:53 pm 
Staff

Yeah .. the wardrobe/bowtie talk couldn't fit into the radio cut of the show. Sad but c'est la vie.