It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:04 am 
Site Admin

Jordan Jesse Go Episode 180! Discuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:54 pm 
Maximum Funster

Using Jesse's prototype for a garbage to fuel conversion process I had friends of mine 'find', we converted his sedan into a time machine - no Photoshopping needed - tis but the end of the world;

Post subject: Clamato
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm 
New Kid

Fun fact: The bloody Caesar (Canada's quirky and much tastier answer to the Bloody Mary) is from Calgary, AB... That's right, the drink made with tomatoes and clam juice comes from a province that doesn't grow tomatoes and that is nowhere near the ocean. But they're still awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm 
Maximum Funster

I'm just happy that I haven't had occasion to drink clamato yet. Now I know to avoid it forever. Gross.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 pm 
Maximum Funster

Somewhere around 58 minutes, my podcast seems to switch into another discussion (it sounds like Pop My Culture talking with Jonah Ray). It goes back around an hour an 9 minutes.

Just letting you know.

- G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 pm 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

I blame the Jack LaLanne Mixology book for tomato juice & booze finding each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 pm 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

You guys. I was not close enough to see condiments on the hot dog, but I can tell you it was in a bun and everything. Also, I totally forgot this had happened and that I had called it in, until I heard my own voice coming through headphones.

I've been watching/rewatching The Larry Sanders show for the past month. It's truly THE BEST. As Jesse noted on Twitter (I think), the complete series was on sale for like $60 yesterday. Today it's back up to $89, which is still a pretty good deal.

Post subject: Re: Clamato
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 am 
Friend of the Family
Friend of the Family

ironring1 wrote:
Fun fact: The bloody Caesar (Canada's quirky and much tastier answer to the Bloody Mary) is from Calgary, AB... That's right, the drink made with tomatoes and clam juice comes from a province that doesn't grow tomatoes and that is nowhere near the ocean. But they're still awesome!

Hey, don't blame the whole province for the scourge that is the Bloody Caesar, that one's all on Cowtown. I'm with Jesse, tomato juice is vile; and, surprisingly, adding clam "nectar", Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, celery salt, and vodka does not help.

While we're no San Marzano, Alberta does, in fact, produce tomatoes; although last year's crop was heavily impacted by late blight (the same disease that wiped out the Irish potato crop during the Great Famine).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:39 am 
New Kid

That phone call from the person who "works in retail" was funny to me, here is what I think happened:

- guy on the call must be selling weed. his overtly sketchy introduction kinda gives that away.

- guy on the call assumes that guy with pens in pocket is an engineer because of the pens, but also because of a duke cap. if they're in the triangle in NC, you can throw a rock and hit an engineer, so jumping to that conclusion about a dude does kind of make sense.

- they talk for thirty minutes because the guy is there to buy weed, so they probably pack a bowl and sit there for a while, talking about whatever.

Did I over analyze this? Yes. But, is it pretty impressive that this guy was stoned sitting next to a guy with a cucumber visibly poking out of his pocket, and he didn't even mention it? Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am 
New Kid

hashbang wrote:
That phone call from the person who "works in retail" was funny to me, here is what I think happened:

- guy on the call must be selling weed. his overtly sketchy introduction kinda gives that away.

- guy on the call assumes that guy with pens in pocket is an engineer because of the pens, but also because of a duke cap. if they're in the triangle in NC, you can throw a rock and hit an engineer, so jumping to that conclusion about a dude does kind of make sense.

- they talk for thirty minutes because the guy is there to buy weed, so they probably pack a bowl and sit there for a while, talking about whatever.

Did I over analyze this? Yes. But, is it pretty impressive that this guy was stoned sitting next to a guy with a cucumber visibly poking out of his pocket, and he didn't even mention it? Yes.

Hmm, a guy named hashbang thinks it was about weed? Shocking. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 am 
Esteemed Donor
Esteemed Donor

A joy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 pm 
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad
Judge Hodgman's Justice Squad

I've been listening to Paul Gilmartin's The Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast. It really is great stuff.

Jesse & Jordan totally missed a golden opportunity to throw Buffy the Vampire Slayer under the bus when talking about good tv shows.

Also, Jesse has mentioned via twitter being on the Soul-Sides podcast. A new discovery to my ear holes and an absolute pleasure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 pm 
New Kid

A vodka and beef bouillon cocktail is called a Bullshot, and it's delicious.

Post subject: write a review in iTunes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm 
Diamond Friendship Circle
Diamond Friendship Circle

How do you write a review for JJGo in iTunes? I looked around in the "iTunes store" and a couple of other places but didn't find a place where I submit a review.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

savagepuppy wrote:
How do you write a review for JJGo in iTunes? I looked around in the "iTunes store" and a couple of other places but didn't find a place where I submit a review.
Thanks.

Go to the show's page in iTunes. Scroll down to just below Customer Reviews and click "write a review."